Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Brow Essentials - www.lisajohnsonmua.com

:: BROW ESSENTIALS and TIPS ::
by Lisa Johnson MUA & Stylist www.lisajohnsonmua.com

I’m huge fan of brow pencils and powders…I use them both for various needs. Essentials: A great angled brow brush, and mascara/spooly brush, small brow scissors, steel duo end sharpener..and I like the Revlon slanted tweezers. Clear brow/mascara. I even have a magifying glass I use for expert get in your face work. Wish I could hook it up to my head like a miner!

If you’re going to use a pencil…make sure it’s extremely sharp..each time. I tend to use L’Oreal blonde pencils a lot…they come in a 2 pack of 2 colors to blend.

I also love NYC brow kits in blonde/taupe and brown colors..cheap and pretty good. They come with a wax in the kits…do watch for fallout with the brown, but that is to be expected with some powders I do the brows first on most all faces. Sometimes this freaks people out…but to me it sculpts the face.

My favorite pencil powder of all time (so far) is Lancome’s Le Crayon Poudre. They come in 5 amazing colors…I use the natural blonde religiously. If I have to use it on a BRONDE (brunette/blonde) I just push a bit harder for darker tone. I like to use this on most everyone but the palest blondes or darkest hair. You can always use your slanted brush with a matte shadow for red, black hair, etc. Experiment with MATTE (no shimmer) powders.

:: COMMON BROW PROBLEMS ::
Waxing to Excess ~ Waxing is great to remove excess hair, but I always fine-tune the arch with tweezers. You can’t do the arch with wax because it could slip out of place and remove something you don’t want it to. It’s better to remove a few hairs at a time than too many at once.Mind The Gap ~ No one wants a uni-brow, but don’t go overboard when separating your eyebrows. Don’t go more than an inch apart; an inch and a half at most. A finger width is perfect. Otherwise your nose looks wider and your eyes look smaller.Beware of Tadpoles ~ The brows need gradual ascension. If you shape them too thick at one end, and too skinny at the other, you might end up with eyebrows that look more like comets or tadpoles. Keep it natural.

If you want even MORE in-depth information :: www.eyebrowz.com

www.bridesbylisa.com
www.lisajohnsonmua.com

No comments: